Since I sort of like television, I thought I would whip up a nice list of some of my favorite love-themed episodes:
- "Lovers Walk" - Buffy the Vampire Slayer 3x08 - One of my favorite Buffy episodes. Spike returns to Sunnydale after Drusilla leaves him, and has decided to use magic to get her back. Meanwhile, Buffy and Angel set out to stop him together, and Xander and Willow have to deal with their own hormones.
- "Swarley" - How I Met Your Mother 2x07 - A HIMYM classic. Marshall goes on a date with another girl after he and Lily break up, and she's not as okay with it as she lets on.
- "Valentine's Day" -The Office 2x16- The title really says it all. It's Valentine's Day at Dunder-Mifflin. Flowers are being recieved, cards sent, secrets revealed, and some people in the office are just not happy. I'm worried this list is making me seem like a downer.
- "Crush" - Buffy the Vampire Slayer 5x14 - With seven seasons, I couldn't help but include another episode. In this episode, Spike sets out to prove his love for Buffy by killing Drusilla. Great quote: "Honey, did you somehow lead him on in any way? Send him signals?" "Well, I do beat him up a lot...for Spike that's like third base."
- "St. Valentine's Day" - 30 Rock 3x11 - Liz has a strange first date with Drew, and Jack goes to church with Elisa. An awesome episode made even more awesome by Jon Hamm as Dr. Drew Baird.
- "Bewitched, Bothered, and Bewildered" - 2x16 - After Cordelia breaks up with him on Valentine's Day, Xander casts a love spell that causes all of the women in Sunnydale to fal in love with him, with disastrous results.
- "Him" -7x06 - Dawn falls head over heels over a boy at school, as does Buffy, Anya, and even Willow, as the result of some sort of spell.
(Other recommended viewing includes You've Got Mail, Notting Hill, Shakespeare in Love, Kate and Leopold, Sleepless in Seattle, When Harry Met Sally, Moulin Rouge, and Paris, je t'aime)
I hope that can at least give you some ideas on how to make your Singles Awareness Day the best that it can be, given whatever circumstances may be involved. And to you couples, enjoy each other's company, and try to be respectful of those around you that are not walking on clouds.
Once again, Happy Valentine's Day!