Friday, April 9, 2010

Diving headfirst into adulthood.

It seems that the day shall soon be upon us, sooner than any of us could have imagined. The end as we know it may very well be nigh. An end that leaves me feeling alone. To quote Buffy Summers, "The things that I thought I understood were gone."
But, lo! A light shines up ahead, a beacon for all to see! A new day dawns with the promise of new life!
I'm speaking, of course, of my upcoming move from my college dorm to an apartment near campus. A new experience, but one I quite look forward to. I have this vision of my friends on the couch, queuing up a DVD, while I finish cooking dinner, which is a dish so divine that it would put Julia Child to shame. The savory scent of whatever I'm preparing wafts through the apartment, putting everyone who smells it into a state of euphoria.

Moving on.

I'm (unfortunately) not very far into my Castle spec for Script Frenzy. Real life keeps becoming slightly more important, somehow. At this point I don't know that I'll finish all 100 pages, but, even so, I'll have started a spec script, something I've been wanting to do for a long time. I haven't started on my Office spec yet, but I'm filing away the ideas for that episode for future use.

Right now I'm watching Criminal Minds, a pretty cool show about a bunch of criminal profilers in the FBI. I'm immersing myself in crime shows this evening. :D I've already seen two episodes of Bones tonight. I started writing a scene in my spec when I realized I know very little about autopsies. Thankfully, I did find an awesome website with info on autopsies for writers.
I'm sure Stan Brakhage's film The Act of Seeing With One's Own Eyes will have been helpful, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment