Thursday, February 3, 2011

Happy Anniversary!

Yesterday was the one year anniversary of my first post, so I thought that I would actually post something. ALSO, it's Thursday, which means........


In celebration, I thought I would talk a little bit about some of my favorite episodes of my lovely Thursday night comedies. These are by no means my favorites, (except for The Injury. And possibly Rosemary's Baby) but they are fantastic representations of these awesome shows. (I can think of more superlatives, don't think I won't.)


30 Rock - 2x04 - Rosemary's Baby

This episode shines with a light for all to see. It is one of my favorites of all time. Guest star Carrie Fisher plays Liz's heroine (lady hero. She doesn't want to inject her and listen to jazz.), a former TV writer who inspired Liz to pursue television. (My future Tina Fey? Hmmm.) Meanwhile, Jack tries to help Tracy get to the root of his daddy issues.

"You're not my dad!"
"Never go with a hippie to a second location."
"Help me Liz Lemon! You're my only hope!"
"You know, it's too bad you didn't know Howard Cosell when you were growing up, because I had that one in my pocket the whole time."

The whole Tracy/Jack therapy session was golden.

The Office - 2x12 - The Injury

My favorite Office of all time. It's just wonderfully silly and sweet all at the same time. Michael is in his role as the demanding child, but it is the way the rest of the office reacts to him that make it so so wonderful. And Dwight's concussion friendship with Pam (which I believe they called back to in a more recent episode, anyone remember which?) is just sweet and fun, and just a little bit odd.

"Ryan's... uh, dead."
"Where are you shipping your foot?"
"See you later, Pan."
"The gas station in Carbondale did not have fresh yams."


Community - 2x08 - Cooperative Calligraphy


Community is a relatively recent love of mine, so I don't yet know which is my favorite. My mind immediately goes to instant classics like Modern Warfare and Abed's Uncontrollable Christmas, but I saw this one recently and it is just fun. From Abed's tongue-in-cheek (not really from Abed, but the writers. Abed can't be tongue-in-cheek) references to bottle episodes (an episode of television that takes place in one location), to the sweet ending, I love every bit of it.

"I wanna see if those wiener dogs are born that way, or if they start off normal and then get wiener."
"This is a bottle episode."
"I'll make your ass sense."
"I could never deprive the world of the portion of my chest the strap would cover."

Parks & Recreation - 3X02 - Flu Season


This was last week's episode. My Parks and Rec situation is much the same as my Community situation. Until I've seen each episode multiple times, I don't feel like I can properly decide which is truly my favorite. I chose this one because I'm still kind of on a high from it. In this episode we see Leslie in less than top form, yet she is still trying her best to do it all. We also see Chris in a moment of weakness, a sad, hollow shell of the usually upbeat and fit guy that he is. Also, I had the hardest time choosing a picture for this.

"Stop. Pooping."
"You had me at meat tornado."
"Cartwheels. Am I not doing them?"
"I have to get ready for the chamber of secrets."
"Ann's my doctor. And she's the most beautiful nurse in the world."

No comments:

Post a Comment